Am I crazy for thinking like this?
Sunday ⭑ July 19, 2026
I am actually getting anxious and scared thinking about Monday and the upcoming days. Something happened at work which will drastically change my work life and experience the next upcoming months, and I don't think I'm ready for it.Honestly, I was only thinking I'd be cooped up in my own desk and doing paperwork (which I don't mind; rather, I enjoy it), but my other coworker's tasks will temporarily be handled by me for who knows how long. There's probably a loophole in the job contract, that's why they were able to do this. And oddly enough, it was the head office's decisions about it, too.
So now instead of staying in the office, I'll be going in and out, doing errands outside and meeting possible clients. And no, my previous coworker didn't teach me anything (directions, the names, etc.) so I'll have to figure everything by myself. It's a daunting and tiring task to do and to think of, that's why I'm very anxious and scared. The reason why I quit my previous job was because I hated going out of the office and doing field work so much. This type of task isn't explicitly written on my contract, nor was I informed about this beforehand (during the interview/hiring process).
I wanted to submit my resignation but before doing so, I gotta look for other job replacement. But also, I've been hesitant to actually submit one because the contract stated I needed to complete my 6 months probationary period. I've already heard plenty of people from different branches leaving or going AWOL, but I don't know how it works now that there's an HR department.
I heard they just recently established a proper HR department, so there were rumors that they're actually doing their job and hunting down those people who left without explanation and people who did crazy shit. That's another whole can of worms to uncover, but I won't share more information about this. I just genuinely wished I didn't accept the job offer now.
Everything about this company screams red flag to me. And I've been kept in the dark all this time. I'm only learning about everything every day I clock in to work.
So am I crazy for thinking about quitting the job I barely even started? I don't know. I'm tired.


