side-image
Status
"Do not watch, do not listen, do not commit to memory."
Current mood
I feel
Asher's corner

My pookie
Games
Wuthering Waves:
UL80 (SEA); Pre-register + D1 player (V1.0 — 2.2); returnee (V3.2 — onwards)
Mains: Xiangli Yao (S0R1), Camellya (S0R1), Changli, Denia (S1R1), Luuk Herssen (S1R1)

Genshin Impact:
AR60 (NA); V4.0 — 6.4; retired
Mains: Wriothesley (C2), Flins (C2R1)
Blog Archive
Fly high, Xuanling

Sunday ⭑ July 26, 2026

SPOILER WARNING: 3.5: Blade of Past Resounds, Lingering Dream Hymns

I will be talking about Wuthering Waves' latest main quests: Act I - The Wind Before the Storm, II - Xuanling Sings, Storm Quelled, and the Segue - The Chant of Unseen Ties. Screenshots are personally taken by me and contain major spoilers of the quest. Please proceed with caution.




It's been a week since I've finished all of the main quests for 3.5 and I honestly don't remember much (I'm so sorry; it wasn't that bad, but my focus was entirely on something else + I got stressed that week too).

This patch is the introduction to Mengzhou, so they're unveiling Xuanfang Hold first, the area that lies between Jinzhou and Mengzhou (but ultimately a region controlled by Mengzhou). And let me tell you, this whole place is GORGEOUS. The blend of ancient art and advance technology can be really seen everywhere in this region. I had goosebumps when the gates opened.





The introductory cutscene of the new area was chef's kiss. The way rafter kites (or maybe they were xuanling birds instead?) were seen across the screen too held too much significance, as they were often seen and/or mentioned throughout the whole quest (to be fair, the xuanlings were also there, too).

The way Rover learned the news about her friends — Chixia severely injured and unconscious, and Yangyang missing for days — was saddening, especially when Rover discovered Yangyang's hat on one of the scene. Seeing old Jinzhou friends despite the circumstances made me smile. Most especially when I've finally seen Xiangli Yao again after not seeing or hearing anything about him from the Moon-Chasing Festival back in 1.2.

In addition to this, Yangyang's older sister, Suisui made her first appearance. I couldn't imagine the panic and anger her sister must have felt when she heard the news that Yangyang was missing. To top it off, she was asked to wait for about 2 hours before officially meeting the Magistrate of Jinzhou; I wouldn't blame her for getting mad and impatient. Time is precious and the thought of her little sister being in danger in any second would make anyone restless.

Stepping into the fog and beyond the gates of the mysterious mechanical city, I get to meet this badass NPC (who's a resonator, too!! I hope she'll be a 4* playable in the future; it would be nice and her design wouldn't go to waste) who's a Xuan Triad named Liangyu.



How the Autopuppets went rogue and started turning on to people, which of course, the last thing people of Xuanfang Hold would think of. They fully trust their Sentinel that she wouldn't abandon or do this to them, since Autopuppets were her creations, after all. This resulted in people dying from the hands of these rogue Autopuppets because they realized too late about what's really happening.

So now that there's one problem to solve, we are brought back to accompany Suisui through the thick fog and then meeting the man that I'm looking forward to the most for this new region: Jingran.



I did not expect a happy-go-lucky and carefree type of guy from him. I thought he'd be quite serious, the no-nonsense type of guy. But he's quite charming and a yapper LOL. Apaprently, according to one NPC, he seems to be writing books too (since his alias is the same as the book's author, Cat of the Nether Lamp).



Is it just me or they look very suitable with each other?

Anyway, the guy's still very mysterious, since he's just recently introduced. I learned that he was hired by Suisui to map out the area throughout the thick fog. And he's the type of guy who gets the job done before ditching. Honestly, respect for him since that's how I do things, too LOL.

The part where I accompany Suisui, it's revealed that she was the one who asked favor to Hsin about giving that certain piece (which I forgot the name of, but I know it's like, 6 fragments where I think once completed, will summon? Or rebuild? The Mengzhou Sentinel, which is Hsin) to Rover, which then granted her the powers of electro. But before all of that, can we appreciate the fact that we will be soon getting the first ever playable Sentinel and it's in a form of a gorgeous fox lady? Hsin got taste.



Managed to locate Yangyang and help her defeat the army of TDs — who I think were also the fallen Xuanfang Wardens from the Fortress and Gorges War?! It was clear that their reverberations were scared and hesitant, knowing that they were all fighting with little ot no signs of winning, accepting their tragic fates. It was heartbreaking and sad to see; how majority of the Wardens were crying while still giving their all and shouting war cries; in order to protect their homeland and the ones they loved.

And Yangyang witnessed it all, thanks to her forte.



I could see that she felt burdened, hurt, and sad for the things that she had seen and experienced (her forte is indeed helpful yet troublesome; she could only see and experience the pains of the past, which will forever haunt her, knowing she couldn't change the future). She could only comfort the past and living people of Xuanfang with the old song about Xuanling birds. The song of hope and freedom, the song for the people.

Linagyu's mother, determined to protect baby Liangyu and avenge her late husband, made an appearance and talked to Yangyang. The resemblance between her mother and Liangyu was clear; the only difference was probably the color of their hair. Liangyu's mother had an almost white ponytail, but other than that, they both look alike and both took the role of being the leader. Both determined and full of hope to stop the war.



The song about Xuanling birds were often repeated during the quest, but this cutscene right here, with the voices of the people singing along, made my hair rise and I had goosebumps. Also got teary-eyed too. And then the Sailor Moon-ification of Yangyang, wherein she got a new (and additional, maybe?) forte and form. From aero, she's now havoc and a 5* resonator, with Xuanling birds motif engraved on her hair, neck, and clothes.

The mastermind behind the Autopuppets going rogue was none other than a former Zhuojun Atelier craftsman. This fucker looks like a gorgeous villain, who's also a resonator too, with a sick forte wherein he could summon/control the lingering reverberations of the fallen soldiers from Gorges War and place it on the Autopuppets. He'd be a cool weekly or overworld boss in the upcoming patch. I was unable to screenshot this bastard's face, but he's gorgeous. AHH.

But before that, would you look at my gorgeous Rover weilding her new electro power and weapons?! I know Rover's a pretty strong and solid DPS/sub DPS (depending on her resonance), so I really need to work on her build soon. Electro Rover has such a fun gameplay and she can use aero and spectro abilities, too.



Like THAT'S my queen. And so Yangyang: Xuanling and electro Rover fought Muyu's crazy creation that looks like a fucking teahouse Autopuppet, that's also hella huge too and I thoroughly enjoyed the fighting and cutscenes that happened afterwards. When they defeated it, Muyu got away so I'm pretty sure I'll meet him again the next patch. I can't wait!!

The cutscene that happened afterwards was cinematic; and kind of romantic, in a sense? I personally see it as someone who's looking up to their idol or role model, and wanted to tell them how much impact they made on their lives to make them who they are now. Or maybe I'm just lowkey biased with the Shorekeeper x Rover agenda LOL. Anyway, it was nice and touching; I could tell Yangyang's admiration towards Rover's abilities and mindset, and how she's definitely looking up to Rover, in a sense.




Afterwards, the crisis stabilized (for now), though there are still a few rogue Autopuppets here and there. Muyu got away, after all, so I'm betting he's plotting something while waiting for the right time to strike. I'm kind of surprised that none of the Fractsidus showed up yet, though I could see a few of them scattering around in some areas. I was sure Fractsidus would have tkane notice of Muyu's doings and would want to team up with him for an advantage.

The whole quest line was quite long, I think around 4 hours in total if you play it in 1 sitting, but overall a nice introductory patch for Mengzhou. This is just Xuanfang Hold, so I'm pretty excited uncovering the rest of the areas in Mengzhou, and how the story unfolds too. I'm still quite skeptical of Hsin and her way of thinking; though it'd be a nice twist when she'll turn her back against Rover and the rest of the people. It would be nice to see one major character (bonus points if they're a playable character too) that's an anti-hero in the story.

I also like the way that Yangyang was brought back into the story. Since she is the face or icon of the game. They also upgraded her forte and abilities, and I heard she's a pretty good havoc DPS now. I did try her gameplay during the quest and the trial, but she isn't for me (for now) and I'm basically saving up for Jingran and his weapon. Maybe if she gets a rerun in the future, I might give her a try and pull for her.

She looks so pretty here, and the way she shows her devotion on improving herself, her determination of wanting to get stronger to be able to walk and stand beside Rover instead of behind her. Ahhh, I like her a lot after this quest. I still don't understand why some people still dismiss her or purposely hate her.



Overall, the quests were enjoyable and I'm ready to explore the new region (as of this writing, I currently have all areas in 100% LOL but I'm still missing a few rafter kites and probably some hidden chests/quests/exploration gimmicks). I'm kind of glad I'm able to use the motorbike here too. I've had fun roaming around and being able to select music while I stroll through the scenery.

Can't wait for the future updates and quests!! (Also very looking forward to Jingran; I will get him at least S1R1 so I gotta save up asterites like crazy starting today).


Song of Xuanling