Not too swamped with work
Wednesday ⭑ August 05, 2026
I've been feeling (somehow) good today because I was able to come home earlier than usual. For context: I clock out by 5PM and it takes around an hour or more when I use the public transport due to the terrible traffic on some areas, since people are rushing to go home early, too.But today I got home at exactly 6:05PM, which is literally 30 minutes earlier than my expected time to reach home. I'm not complaining actually, because it feels nice to be able to walk home while the sun is still semi up and it's not too dark outside yet.
Apparently, someone important (I'm guessing it's the manager of a department) from the headquarters came to visit our city today and naturally, my manager also prepared for the visit. I was expecting for this important figure to come and visit our office, but given the limited time he has today, they were just outside all day, meeting with clients and agents, having fancy lunch and dinner. This means it also left me and my other coworker in our office.
It was a bit peaceful and we were able to move freely, too. I wasn't too swamped with work, because majority of the clients were all invited for the lunch and dinner meetings, so I'm guessing they were too busy chitchatting and enjoying their food instead.
I'm hoping the remaining days will be a smooth and quiet one, too. I'm just too tired of feeling overwhelmed and always rushing to do things because of the workload. It's nice to experience something as quet and as peaceful as it was today.


