Weekly thoughts: about work and a future Luuk main?
Saturday ⭑ July 11, 2026
It's been a hell of a week for me tbh and I don't know where to start.But first things first: I got a job and started on July 1st. This was the job that I've been recommended by my dad and the one where I had to wait for months (to the point of giving up and declining the contract), but I had no choice but to accept it just for the money (just an average pay, at that) and try to stay for as long as I can.
My colleagues are pretty nice on times, but they repeatedly warned me about not trusting our manager too much. The worst thing was that I actually saw it firsthand happened and to say that I was shocked was an understatement. My gut feeling was actually right for once and I genuinely felt so conflicted about this whole thing. A part of me wanted to run away and never look back as soon as possible, before things get worse. And another part of me also forces me to stay, to just suck it up. But I don't know for how long will I be able to tolerate this stuff, since I've already signed the contract. Hopefully, nothing worse happens for the upcoming months and I have about 6-ish months left to look for a back up plan.
I've also done some medical examination today, one of the mandatory requirement. Just know I don't enjoy doing this stuff at all, but I have no choice, because apparently if there are lacking requirements, the company may terminate the contract. I lowkey was wishing that would happen to me so I could escape without heavier consequences, but my mom basically forced me out of the house to get the examination.
Everytime I get reminded about work, I get so uncomfortable and defeated all the time. So enough of the depressing stuff.
SO! New update, new patch, new characters, yippee!
I missed 1 day (missed the dailies + pioneer = asterites, nooo) and managed to speedrun through claiming dailies, pioneer tasks, draining the energy, etc. until I finally pulled for hte Luuk banner. Now I've already expected that he'll rerun soon, but I didn't expect as soon as this LOL. I literally had 40 pulls, 17 pity unguaranteed, and a dream. I lost to Calcharo on 57 pulls, but he came home in like 20-ish pulls (I lost count). And I guess Luuk took pity on me since his weapon came home in just 10 pulls, 0 pity. Yum 🤤
It didn't take long for him to max all levels, including weapon, skills, and a semi decent build on his echoes since I already pre-farmed before. I'm quite tempted to still continue pulling just in case + to build pity for Jingran (though I don't mind losing and gaining a Luuk copy), but I think I'll save up for a bit of asterites so that I can do a 10 pull.
I haven't started the new main quest yet, but I am excited for it since the new region looks so interesting. And a new chassis skin for the motorbike. I've always wanted a white undertone and the original/black one was bugging me a lot when using Lynae's bike skin LOL.
They also brought back the 1.0 characters in a separate banner and quite generous for them to give the first 10 pull for free. It felt like the Edgerunners collab where they give out free pulls every 10 pulls or so. I'm torn between getting Changli's, Yinlin's, or Jiyan's weapons, but ended up just selecting Changli's, since my girl has pulled my ass through 1.0 to 2.0 LOL. But I am quite tempted to pull for Jiyan's signature weapon too, since he was the reason why I downloaded Wuthering Waves. Argh, decisions, decisions...
Anyway, I'm probably just going to do the main quest for the next couple of days and then explore the new area. Hopefully I'll get enough asterites to save up for Jingran. Lowkey I'm eyeing for Hsin too, but we'll see. Being f2p is quite hard, but I might start buying lunite sub soon once I get my paycheck.


