End of unemployment era
Thursday ⭑ July 2, 2026
I ended up taking the job offer and I feel conflicted, to be honest. Although I'm trying to keep a positive mindset about it, but my heart just isn't in it.It's my first week today and just started yesterday, Wednesday, July 1st. I wasn't expecting much so I won't get disappointed, but my coworkers were nice at least. I did feel a bit off when they were talking about "paying up" and it didn't take long for me to put two and two together. Because it took me so long to get officially hired (it was the management's fault, in the first place), I had to wait 2-3 months before finally getting the job. So they were betting on me whether I'd show up or not. Not sure what I'd feel about that at all. I also quickly figured out it's their gimmick to bet and treat each other with small stuff like paying for ice cream.
There's so much backlogs to work on to, the system and their methods were quite outdated and feel all over the place, but I'm convincing myself it's because I'm still new and still figuring out how their tools work. Eventually I'll manage to find my own flow and technique, so my workload could feel easier.
Another thing I found out was that the head management had issues with their branch offices (a superiority complex, I suppose?), so I'm quite anxious and nervous of what my future would be staying in the long run. Hopefully, nothing goes bad and I decided to stay low, focus on my tasks, and be out of everyone's way. I don't plan to stand out nor give my all for a mediocre pay, but I try not to slack off either.
I hope the upcoming days would be easier and bearable.


